If you are one of the many who gather outside my spin class door looking thru the glass, you might be thinking “I wonder if that is fun? Those people are sweating like pigs, but they are smiling… ” OR ” i’d like to try that sometime…”
Well… COME ON IN and give it a spin (pun fully intended).
An indoor cycling, or more commonly known “spin” class is nothing to fear. New spin students may want to check the tips provided in this article and those I have included below. Also, a good spin instructor will spend some time with you helping you get properly fitted to your bike. However depending how many new students there are and how pressed for time the instructor is- it is good to know the basics of how to set up your bike. This video will show you the basics of how to get the bike set up. This blog entry also provides some great background and tips on the vernacular that you will encounter in spin class!
These are the other basic tips that I always provide to my new students…
1. Plan to arrive 10 minutes early and I will help you get your bike set up and go over basic safety and spin instructions. As long as the studio is empty we will be able to get in and get to work!
2. Bring water- a bike water bottle works best but any water bottle will work!
3. If you have bike shorts- your sit bones and nether regions will thank you!. If not no big deal! Just wear something comfortable and cool and tennis shoes. If you have long hair, a head band or ponytail is best to keep sweat out of your eyes.
4. Bring a small towel for wiping off sweat and your hands.
5. My classes are all about fun and getting a great workout so don’t be nervous if you are an indoor cycling newbie! I will help you throughout the class and assist you in maintaining proper form ( and feel free to ask questions). I want you to LOVE coming to class!
6. Class lasts for 60-65 minutes with 4 minutes of warm-up and 4 minutes of cool down.
There really is nothing to fear about trying out an indoor cycling class. Yes. You will sweat buckets. Yes. Your legs will burn. But I think you will find that you like it!